Google
 
Web discover-jp.blogspot.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

Let’s Say Sushi in Japanese!

Needless to say, Sushi is most well-know Japanese dish in the world. I often see world people enjoy Sushi on TV. I just wondered how people in the world order or say Sushi name. Do they say it in their language or Japanese? For people who want to know the name of sushi, I introduce them so that you can order Sushi in Japanese next time!

Sushi served in the world must vary very much, so I tell you the name of standard Japanese sushi so far.

Salmon..........................Sâmon(サーモン)

Scallop...........................Hotate(ホタテ)

Squid ............................Ika(イカ)

Octopus........................Tako(タコ)

Pink prawn..................Amaebi(甘エビ)

Steamed prawn...........Mushiebi(蒸しエビ)

Sea urchin eggs............Uni(うに)

Salmon roe...................Ikura(イクラ)

Sweetend Omelet.......Tamago(タマゴ)

Tuna..............................Maguro(まぐろ)

・Lean Meat of a tuna.............Akami(赤身)

・Medium-fatty tuna..............Chûtoro(中トロ)

・The fatty flesh of a tuna......Ôtoro(大トロ)

I am curious to know whether bad-looking seafood like Tako and Uni are served or not in the world. My mother loves Uni, but I hate eating it….

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, its cool to see how it is all called in Japanese. Here, I never visited a Sushi-restaurant, but sometimes I buy the Sushi at the supermarket.

Amine said...

ビントロとマグロとサーモンが一番好きな寿司だよ。まじやばいよ。(^^)

Anonymous said...

I also newer been in Sushi restaurant, but I eat some Sushi bento from a take away restaurant. It was only salmon and pink prawn (and prawn was only in the most expensive bento).

In fact, it is the only bento of this restaurant I don't like.

By the way, in the bento was some sort of condiment, a flat green things, with a very bad taste. What is it?

Anonymous said...

Hey! How are you?
I actually made sushi this saturday :-D But it was made only with salmon(サーモン), prawn(甘エビ) and cucumber :-) It was very nice!
Never thought it would be so much work making the sushi rice, but it turned out very good.
We use squid sometimes, but very seldom, not sure what urchin eggs are though...
Wish you a nice day!

kayanon said...

Fabi>
Are there many Sushi-restaurant in Germany? It is really interesting to see sushi is sold in supermarket in countries.

Amine>
ビントロって何??私もサーモンが一番好きかな。カナダ行ったときに食べたのが本当においしかった(^-^)

PBY>
I have no clue what the condiment is.

Ragge>
Hi! What a good timing:) Yeah, making sushi looks easy but it is not, actually. sea urchin is a small sea creature with a round prickly shell and yellow egg inside is edible.

Anonymous said...

It's very interesting!

information loss patch weight

lose weight fast

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Yeah, I now know what you mean :-) I used to collect them when I was little, but not to eat them, just for fun:-) Think you can get them in gormet resturants here, but it is not normal to eat them.
The sushi was very time consuming, and you had to have the right equipment, like for instance a rice cooker. I heard that in the old days if you wanted to be a sushi chef you had to spend three years first just to learn how to make the rice :-| But then again I guess the rice is Alfa Omega in sushi makeing.

Anonymous said...

Hello
soft for windows software,news driver ,games
http://spdimon.info

Bye

ShennongShi said...

Hi, could you add some show us how to pronounce those word as well? So that we can order them. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello
Mac OS X software,news driver ,games
http://italiagame.org

G'night

Anonymous said...

That's cool I thought about saying sushi in Japanese, but never the things
That it's made of.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I
was wanting to know your situation; we have developed
some nice methods and we are looking to trade solutions with
others, please shoot me an email if interested.

Here is my weblog; workouts to improve vertical leap